Virtual Kernel hogs up space

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jun 17 10:07:04 PDT 2008

:Hello,
:
:When I build virtual kernels , either as root or as a normal user, the
:/mnt directory gets filled up to about 150M and a 252MB / partition is
:soon 102% filled! ...I dont understand how the system boots but it
:does not behave. Yet it would be necessary for me clear up the space
:occupied by a virtual kernel. This includes:
:
:/mnt directory
:kernel file at /home/<username>/vkernel/kernel directory created to
:boot into the vkernel
:
:Could also someone tell me if the file /kernel is actually a system
:file? Because I do not remember noticing this before.
:
:If i try to delete the [virtual kernel] kernel file from the
:/home/<username>/vkernel directory , I get a question to overide the
:permissions root/wheel schg for the file and either ways it would not
:let me delete the file
:
:I would like to know more about clearing up space occupied by a virtual kernel
:
:thanks
:nirmal

    Are you talking about space on the real system or space inside the
    virtual kernel's filesystems ?  Are you doing this on LEAF or on your
    home machine?

					<dillon at backplane.com>