FTP vs Firefox

Sdavtaker sdavtaker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 21:11:56 PDT 2008

I found the error, but the solution is not working :-(
It is replying a wrong addresss to the client , it is behind a router,
and sending the internal ip address 192.168.....
i added an advertise external_ip line to /etc/ftpd.conf and tryed to run
ftpd -4Dla ip_address and neither worked :-/
Any idea? I wrote ip address as xxx.xx.xx.xxx does it expect it in
another format?
Sdav

Sdavtaker wrote:
oh, the problem.... It opens a dialog to download a file named
L4Lrma08.part

Sdavtaker wrote:
Hello,
I'm having troubles getting my ftpd work against firefox. (client
want it to work, i really dont mind, i use Filezilla and it works
100% there).
My setup is:
DragonFly doom 1.12.0-RELEASE DragonFly 1.12.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Feb 25
13:59:18 PST 2008     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
The ftpd is running in inetd:
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd -l
The ftpd config files are:
ftpd.conf does not exist, so it is running with defaults.
The ftpchroot is empty.
the ftpusers has services and wheel users.
The users can log in from filezilla with no problems at all.
The firefox ftp://user@ip opens the log window, i insert my nick and
pass waits for a minute or 2 and fails.

Any idea why?
Sdav