DragonFly cannot detect existing FreeBSD partitions during install and cannot detect SanDisk USB flash drive during install

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Jul 27 18:32:43 PDT 2008

:...
:> "cd" "md" "ad" "acd" "mfs"
:>
:> Here, I typed  "?" where it doesn't show any "da" device
:>
:>
:Could it be that you have to load the module at boot from loader.conf?
:I know I had to fiddle with this when I set up my system to boot from a
:vinum mirror volume. Look in /boot/defaults/loader.conf for options and
:make your own adapted loader.conf in /boot.
:
:--
:
: Mvh  - Stefan -

    Yah, it should work if specified in loader.conf.  Alternatively
    one can compile up a custom kernel that builds it in.

					<dillon at backplane.com>