keeping pkgsrc up to date

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Mon Jul 21 11:57:12 PDT 2008

Johannes Hofmann wrote:
What do you use to keep your pkgsrc tree up to date?
Anonymous cvs does work but is pretty slow.
The cvsup mirrors seem to be rather busy.
I used the mercurial repo at
http://hg.scode.org/mirror/pkgsrc
for some time, but it seems to be down now.
Couldn't we set up a master pkgsrc repository using Hammer, and then use
Hammer's mirroring capability? Would be nice to experiment and see how
it performs. As most pkgsrc files are actually very small, the size
penalty should not matter that much.
Oh btw, can we Hammer-mirroring from slaves? Actually, I don't see a
reason why this shouldn't be possible (just too lazy to try it out
myself right now).
Regards,

  Michael