Wake on LAN

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Jul 9 01:19:28 PDT 2008

Dmitri Nikulin wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Michael Neumann <mneumann at ntecs.de> wrote:
Well, my mainboard supports it, but by searching around on the web, a
lot a people have problems with getting it working (including me).
If the BIOS supports waking off PCI LAN cards you can pick one up for
the cost of a sandwich.
BIOS says it supports that. Do you have recommendations for a special
card? I think the Intel Gigabit Adapter would be a good choice!?

Does it work if you Suspend instead of Halting the machine? I don't
know if WOL is supposed to work from Suspend but if it did, it'd work
around your problem nicely.
I think I tried that as well with no success.

Thanks

  Michael