cvs trouble

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Jul 1 13:53:13 PDT 2008

Thomas Nikolajsen wrote:
I had some trouble trying to track down when traceroute stopped working:
(hasso just commited fix ;-)
My plan was to use vkernel to find the date it stopped working:
Checking out full sources for given date and building and installing world and VKERNEL.
But it failed: using cvs checkout, sources checked out w/ -D2008-06-07 fails buildworld.
It turns out reason is that checked out src/contrib/libarchive-2/libarchive/archive.h.in is "wrong" version:
It is revision 1.2, but newer revision in vendor branch 1.1.1.X exists (the "right" one ;-).
I don't have an archive.h.in, and the archive.h doesn't have a 1.2, so I
can't really follow the problem.

Can cvs checkout the "right" file version for given date (same as checkout (without -D) on date)?
CVS should work correctly with -D as well (to some extent)

cheers
  simon