upgrading wiki

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Jan 28 05:41:07 PST 2008

On Mon, January 28, 2008 3:39 am, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
>> I'm in the process of upgrading wiki.dragonflybsd.org's wiki software,
>> MoinMoin, from 1.5.7 to 1.6.0.
>>
>> The upgrade process quietly changed the link markup for all the links on
>> the wiki, so they don't work.  I'm working on a fix.
>
> Seems that you converted them to the new layout, but the software is still
> 1.5?  confusing.

I didn't realize this, but MoinMoin assumes it can be installed into the
hosting systems' site-packages directory.  However, our wiki was packaged
up into its own directory, so the MoinMoin wiki files all reference a
local install path for the MoinMoin code.  That's good, because it's
self-contained, but it means for upgrading I need to either create a new
standard install or figure out just how it was assembled earlier and
update the includes path.  That's why it's still looking at the old markup
because it's still on the old library code.  I'll be working on this
tonight.