Wiki Spam again

Sdävtaker sdavtaker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:32:29 PST 2008

I think the captcha for unregistered users is a good idea.
I started editing the wiki as unregistered. Now, Im registered, but it
is good to be able edit a couple of things without the need of been
registered user, it encourages the occasional user to add/change few
details of what hi is reading.
We could avoid the unregistered users editors if there were any other
way to capture the occacional user input having a "comments area" in
each page like PHP manual in www.php.net but we dont have it.
Im up for the captcha in unregistered and the captcha in the
registration form.
We need to find a way to add some backend scripting to import/export the
handbook, add navigation bars, etc.. Wiki is not ever the best way to
read something, it helps a lot for one little punctual doubt but no way
replaces a book-like format. Some times you want to print maybe a
chapter like "network config" becouse you will not have access to the
wiki for a while, or want to avoid the navigation reading a pdf-like
format in a PC with no internet connection, there is a lot of people who
doesnt have 2 PC to install DFBSD in one while reading the docs in the
other one, or someone who use a not broadband connection, so want to
download and read offline, etc....
Sdav.

Jeremy C. Reed escribió:
Require a second password for registering.

Those interested can ask on one of our lists or one of the wiki admins
directly.

  Jeremy C. Reed