How to rebuild LiveCD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 24 11:50:55 PST 2008

:1) That with pkgsrc it seemed impossible to have meta packages on a
:local drive and have it download their dependencies from some mirror.
:
:2) Adjusting to the current CD setup where most available disk space is
:read only. A real effort would probably include laying out filesystems
:differently.
:
:I also think it should be a live DVD then. But it depends on the
:packages you'd want on it, of course.
:
:Sascha

    Not sure whats going on w/ pkgsrc, but we've already got the read-only
    issue mostly dealth with.  The CD is basically just a starting image
    and we overload the bits that we want to make R/W using MFS mounts.