USB scanner unrecognized on 1.11-DEVELOPMENT

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Jan 16 04:20:57 PST 2008

Hasso Tepper wrote:
Francois Tigeot wrote:
However, I found out there's was a difference between a standalone
uscanner module and one compiled in the kernel.
Standalone module:
	- original -> nothing
	- patched -> nothing
Note that loading module doesn't rescan devices. You have to unplug and
plug again the device to rescanning happen.
That sucks.  We should do that, or at least operate on the previously
detected devices.

cheers
  simon