My personal pkgsrc FAQ

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Dec 17 19:49:37 PST 2008

On Wed, December 17, 2008 6:26 pm, Robert Luciani wrote:

> The second package set would be based on the current pkgsrc. I volunteer
> for this task and am willing to spend the time to get it working
> reliably and with updates in a timely fashion. The package set would
> need to be rebuilt  _at least_ every other week, but hopefully more
> than once a week depending on whether my machine can handle
> bi-weekly updates. I'm going to set up a vkernel for this which
> would just run all day, and try to get the process as automated as
> possible.

Using a vkernel may slow it down too much - not that vkernels impose a lot
of overhead, but when the process already takes multiple days, even a
small percentage increase may end up being a lot.

Uploading to chlamydia may work, but I don't know if all our mirrors are
running from there.  (Aho isn't?  Speak up, please)  Would you be building
this on the current DragonFly release, or following HEAD?