NFS scalability

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Mon Sep 10 22:30:44 PDT 2007

steve wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 07:49:51AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>> :Just out of interest (without the time/boxes to try it out myself), do
>> :you guys think this is a "good" solution? I mean, does NFS handle a lot
>> :concurrent accesses well? I never used NFS...
>> :

haven't played around with it,
but you can do interesting things with amd(8) maps to distribute the
load, handle failure, etc

I think this would be best suited for 'static' into (e.g. non-time
critical html, php scripts with only logic, etc) - as Matt points
out there are cache problems on NFS (have seen this occasionally first
hand when serving up NFS builds on a lan)