NFS question

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Sep 9 10:45:24 PDT 2007

:Hi all,
:Im looking for an answer to a problem i am having. My computer mounts an
:NFS share at boot time via /etc/fstab. If the server is for some reason
:unavailable at boot time of my computer, my computer just hangs on trying
:to mount the share. they were some kind of RPC errors. The problem is
:solved quickly by pressing ctrl+c, but i dont want to press ctrl+c. I'd
:like it to finish booting the system and dont hang forever on nfs.
:
:What can I do?
:
:Petr

    I usually tell NFS to do a background mount by specifying the 'bg'
    option.  Making operations interruptable with the 'intr' option is
    also a good idea in certain cases.  For example:

fubar:/usr/doc         /usr/doc        nfs     ro,bg,intr      0       0
fubar:/sources/HEAD    /usr/src        nfs     ro,bg,intr      0       0

					<dillon at backplane.com>