weired behavior

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Tue May 29 17:08:37 PDT 2007

>     That is ultra odd.  What did you upgrade from?  An earlier release or
>     a less recent HEAD?

In case it helps, I'll share my own experience:

I actually had a similar (or the same) problem from a build that's about a
month old.  I couldn't solve the problem and have been too busy lately to
properly figure it out, however, it seems to me that the timing for xorg
and everything x-related was sped up super fast (eg: even the xfce4
animation at startup was ludicrously fast).  Keyboard was almost completely
unusable, but I worked around the problem by adjusting my xinit so that
the key-repeat delay was many times larger (factor of 10 maybe -- although
I'm just inventing this number, I can't remember for sure).

It definitely seemed like some kind of erroneous timing problem.

Any ideas?

--James