weired behavior

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue May 29 11:06:18 PDT 2007

:G'day all,
:
:I just synced with the head yesterday and performed make buildworld,
:installworld, upgrade cycle. As far as I am in syscons I haven't
:noticed any problem. However, when I use X and use any GTK based
:application e.g. firefox, xfce terminal or even xfce notepad, each
:keystroke is repeated variable number of times (variable number being
:> 20+). Same problem does not happen with xlib based application e.g.,
:xterm.
:
:I have compiled all the packages XFCE, Firefox etc. from pkgsrc. Do I
:need to recompile them, do I need to recompile just gtk? Any feedback
:or the explantion of the cause and effect would be highly appreciated.
:
:Cheers
:kmb

    That is ultra odd.  What did you upgrade from?  An earlier release or
    a less recent HEAD?

					<dillon at backplane.com>