init dies with SIGABRT

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun May 20 18:01:11 PDT 2007

:I've tested by exporting / and pointing the client to that and that
:works so I figure it's got to be something missing from my target root
:fs, either that or my world isn't quite right (rebuilt world with
:NOSHARED=no)...
:
:Any help greatly appreciated.
:
:TIA
:Morgan

    The first rule in trying to get something to work is to not shoot
    yourself in the foot.  Meaning... don't use make variables when
    building the world unless you know exactly what you are doing.

    In this case, by setting NOSHARED to 'no', you made all of /bin and
    /sbin dynamically linked.  I really doubt init is gonna be happy with
    that.

    Get rid of the special make variables.  Just compile up a normal world.
    /bin is only 6MB and /sbin is only 16MB anyway.  That's nothing in
    today's world.

					<dillon at backplane.com>