Green console on Dell flat panel 153 monitor

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu May 3 19:56:58 PDT 2007

:The green tint goes away after I start X, and when I close X and go back
:into console, the console is the normal black and white.  Its not a
:hardware issue, since the problem doesnt replicate in other BSD's (other
:than Free) or in Slackware or DOS.

    That is really odd.  Well, we do inherit FreeBSD's console driver so
    it makes sense to some degree.  But green?  Well... before DPMS there
    was a monitor standard for green-channel shutdown, for screen savers.
    Maybe its related to that?   I don't know, it's weird.

    Try setting the video mode with vidcontrol, without going into X,
    and see if that clears it up.

					<dillon at backplane.com>