Gnome: "Couldn't load icon..." bug

Simon corecode Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue May 1 02:17:32 PDT 2007

+++ Stephane Russell [30/04/07 21:55 -0400]:
> Hello,
>
> Some Gnome programs are crashing in a similar manner. For example:
>
> gedit when exiting:
> alcyone: {110} gedit
>
> (gedit:71982): Gnome-CRITICAL **: gnome_program_get_app_version:
> assertion `program != NULL' failed

I can't comment on this, seems to be an internal gnome bug.

> This libgtop was compiled on DragonFly 1.6.2-RELEASE i386
> If you see strange problems caused by it,
> you should recompile libgtop and dependentapplications.
> kvm_open: error reading /proc/71981/mem: Bad address
> Killed
> srussell at alcyone: {111} LibGTop-Server: pid 71985 received eof.

I don't exactly recall what gtop is doing, but obviously something with kmem.
Our interface changed drastically since 1.8-RELEASE (in case you are using
-DEVEL) and it also always changed between releases (although not that much,
just ABI, not API).

definitely recompile gtop and maybe also dependant programs
(pkg_rolling-replace helped me with such stuff) and see if the problem
persists.  In any case it is a gtop bug, not a DragonFly issue.

cheers
  simon