libm update plans?

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Mon May 7 09:17:44 PDT 2007

On 2007-05-07 16:45, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:3) port over myself (see #1, #2 :)
:
:Thanks,
:
:- Chris
    Hmmm.

    I looked for various pieces of example code.  FreeBSD has a really
    old implementation in (libmsun) which is not suitable, and NetBSD uses
    the same implementation.  Gnu seems to have a clean 4-line implementation
    done in 2005:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2005-05/msg00227.html

    But I'd like to find an unadulterated version if possible (though
    presumably it is simple enough that it pretty much has to be done
    that way regardless).

    I'm a little concerned that there are so few implementations around.
    Are you sure this is part of C99?
Yes it it, section 7.12.9.8: "The trunc functions round their argument
to the integer value, in floating format, nearest to but no larger in
magnitude than the argument."

I've never been an assembly programmer but it seems to me like there
should be some instruction for this kind of thing.

--
Erik Wikström