HEADS UP - development tree may be unstable for a few days

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 14 22:24:45 PDT 2007

    As people may have noticed from the commits I'm working on separating
    out the all the hardcoded references to struct disklabel.  I'm
    separating out all the disk management layering code into distinct
    pieces (slice code, disklabel, partition management).

    I might make a mistake, and it could blow something up, like a
    filesystem, so this is a head's up that the development tree should
    be considered unstable this week.

    Eventually this will allow us to implement a pluggable disklabeling
    scheme (e.g. a 64 bit disklabel or GPT or something like that).  I'm
    just getting some low-hanging fruit out of the way to make it easier
    later on.  GPT looks aweful, but it isn't something I'm going to worry
    about right now.