A great BSD-compatible UPS?

Ben Cadieux ben.cadieux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 18:58:01 PDT 2007

There's a port of "apcupsd" for bsd - I use it with a few APC UPSes at
work --- seems to run well.
On 3/30/07, Jose timofonic <soytimofonico at yahoo.es> wrote:
Hello,

I'm going to buy an UPS due to electrical problems in
my home. Some of my computer stuff was damaged by
electrical problems and now I'm planning to spend my
money on a decent UPS solution. I would like to know
about brands and models with great quality that can be
durable and really protecting and avoiding problems or
forced shutdowns.
I'm asking here because it seems the best way to know
a BSD compatible one and practical opinions from some
BSD gurus. I seen a lot of different models from a lot
of brands and not sure what to get, so some help about
this could be great for me.
I will use it with a few computers, one of them will
have a bunch of HDDs.
A friend asked me for a solution for two computer too,
he had recently a problem in his work and wants to buy
an UPS as soon as possible too. It seems electrical
problems are more nightmares for computer than I
thinked.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
timofonic