VLAN issues

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 05:21:25 PDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars at gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:24:29 +0800
"Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it is caused by that vlan ifaces are brought up after bridge
> ifaces.  If you have time you can dig the rc scripts.
In rc.conf I have changed the order,I'll look into other scripts.

> Can box on HP#1 ping another box on HP#2?

No. No data goes through.
Does you vlan0 on xl0 work?  i.e. set an ip address to vlan0 and don't
let it join bridge, can it access the network
If it works then can you simplify you configure in following way, so
we can track down the problem?
1) don't use vlan on one side of the bridge, e.g. HP#1
2) let a box on HP#1 ping a box on HP#2
If it does not work, then please post the tcpdump on xl1 and vlan2 and
ifconfig output of xl1 and vlan2.
Best Regards,
sephe
--