Weird issues with fdisk/dd

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Thu Jun 7 23:07:27 PDT 2007

Joe Holden wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:
    What are you running, the 1.8 release or 1.9 development?  There are
    some very major differences in how storage is handled between the two.
    It kinda looks like you are running 1.9.
I am indeed running 1.9.
    For 1.9 you are going to have to regenerate all your devices in
    /dev.
    cd /dev
    rm ad*
    ./MAKEDEV ad0
    ./MAKEDEV ad1
    ./MAKEDEV ad2
    etc...
I have done the above, presumably a reboot was needed so I have done that
also, however i'm still getting the same messages.
Is there anything else I can try, or am I being completely stupid?

Thanks for the prompt response!

Regards,
Joe
*Which* FreeBSD were you coming from?

And had you previously set up the problematic disk with that (or other) OS?

Bill