compiling stops in bootstraps stage

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Jul 26 07:58:10 PDT 2007

Noah yan wrote:
I attached a binary patch built without -O and with -g. Remeber i have
a messed up kernel/modules and the world (typically libc) and the new
binaries built before the error behave very wired, e.g. cp arg.c
argdfd.c errs out with "file name too long". In my another box that
has clean installation and latest sources, things go without any
problem.
This should never happen.  A newer kernel should always be able to run older world.

However, I got weird reports from ejc on IRC , when he was operating vinum, so maybe there is something broken here?

cheers
 simon