odd vfsync_bp messages

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Jul 1 19:09:00 PDT 2007

:I recently saw these messages on a 1.8.2 system:
:
:> Warning: vfsync_bp skipping dirty buffer 0xc1a03e00
:> Warning: vfsync_bp skipping dirty buffer 0xc1912600
:> Warning: vfsync_bp skipping dirty buffer 0xc1a10c00
:
:Is it cause for concern?

    It's the filesystem syncer saying 'hey, I can't flush buffer X because
    someone has it locked!'.  As long as the same message doesn't repeat
    every 30 seconds forever, you are fine.  It's basically just a debug
    message used to catch filesystem syncer stalls.

					<dillon at backplane.com>