[close to OT but...] Re: ath(4) at boot time

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 18 21:27:36 PDT 2007

:Hi again,
:some of you might caught my first reply, which I canceled cause I went
:confused between my desktop (which runs from ips(4)) and my laptop.
:But this still itches my mind, so I'll ask anyway:
:
:I didn't encounter neither SYSINIT, nor SI_ORDER_* into ips(4): how is
:it handled by the kernel, in such a case ? Or may I missed something ?
:This won't be much of a benefit to the project, lame coder as I am, but
:it'd still satisfy my curiosity :-)
:
:Thanks,
:
:--
:Francis

    The kernel's pci bus scan calls the device probe function which
    recognizes the device and attaches the driver.

					<dillon at backplane.com>