Release Update - still delayed

Matthew Dillon dillon at
Sun Jul 29 16:43:12 PDT 2007

    We aren't going to release a buggy system so the release will continue
    to be delayed until these problems have been worked out.  At this point
    I am not going to set a date, because I keep saying "this week" and it
    keeps not being "this week".  The number of bugs is tiny, but it is
    taking longer to find and fix them then anticipated.

    It could be this week, it could be next week.

    * The vinum issue is very close to being resolved and just needs
      some testing.

    * The EHCI issue is still unresolved, I'm working on it.

    * Simon wants to get a new pkgsrc bootstrap binary package, he now
      has more time to do so 'cause we are not releasing on Monday.

    * A few other reports with very little data are pending and may or
      may not hold up the release.

					Matthew Dillon 
					<dillon at>

More information about the Users mailing list