Watching TV with DragonFly

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 16 11:16:11 PST 2007

:Hi Guys,
:
:I want to watch TV with my Hauppauge WinTV/PCI (bt848) on my
:DragonFlyBSD-box.
:
:The card works:
:
:bktr0: <BrookTree 848A> mem 0xdff00000-0xdff00fff irq 11 at device 9.0 on
:pci0
:bktr0: Hauppauge Model 60124 C1V
:bktr0: Detected a MSP3400C-C6 at 0x80
:bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1216 PAL FM tuner, msp3400c stereo.
:
:I can watch TV with xawtv using grabdisplay (with overlay-mode I only got a
:black screen). My favorite TV-application on BSD is mplayer, but I can't
:get it working on DragonFly:
:
:Playing tv://.
:TV file format detected.
:No such driver: bsdbt848
:
:Any hints how to build mplayer with DragonFly-Support?
:
:Thanks in advance.

    I've never had much luck getting bktr0 to work with mplayer.  I'm not
    entirely sure but I think mplayer tries to mmap() the video frame
    and I think our bktr might be deficient in handling that case.

					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon at backplane.com>