When will 1.8 be branched?

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Mon Jan 22 03:28:52 PST 2007

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:44:48 +1100
Petr Janda <elekktretterr at exemail.com.au> wrote:

I think you are being slightly absurd. If you want DragonFly to go into
businesses/corporations you have to be prepared they *have* demands ,

	Nobody has any business making demands of volunteers.

and they are much bigger than mine "is it gonna be branched today as
planned",

	Personally I would much rather see branching and releases happening
when the developers feel it is ready to happen than on a planned date.
	That being said the DragonFLy team seems to do better at hitting
the planned dates than most commercial OS developments.

I don't make the demands but I am demanded by my clients to satisfy them
by supplying them a good product. If it was entirely up to me I wouldnt
be making the inquiries at all(I dont care if its released in january or
3 months later) but I have clients, hence why Ive often turned to
FreeBSD when DF was missing a feature which I needed. Therefore I might
be sounding to have demanding tone, but thats because DF is my personal
OS of choice and especially because of my clients. (not that they
specifically request DF but because thats what I offer them + maintenance).

My apologies.

Petr