Using gcc41 for pkgsrc?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 20 18:53:00 PST 2007

Confession:  I have an axe to grind :o)

I think gcc41 is ready for prime time (except for the kernel)
so I hope to prod you gurus into whatever action it takes to
get DragonFly ready for building packages with gcc41.

Today's puzzle:  a post from Huub in another thread made me
try to build pkgsrc/devel/boost-libs, but it fails with
literally hundreds of errors similar to these:

In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.4/bits/char_traits.h:46,

Hey!  I'm using gcc41, not gcc34, so why am I seeing this error?

I have CCVER=gcc41 in my /etc/make.conf, but I'm wondering if I
also need to add something similar to my mk.conf so that bmake
will also pay attention.

The Tower of Babel comes to mind many times/day   :o/