jail/virtual servers and multiple network interfaces

Magnus Eriksson magetoo at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 2 05:17:12 PST 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Jeffrey Williams wrote:

i.e. a virtual network stack, for the jailed server, that can be bound
directly to a separate NIC than the one used by the host environment.
  This sort of thing can be done with NetBSD/Xen and bridging*, I think.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a vkernel way of doing it.  (if not now,
then soon)

 * Networking is not one of my strong sides, but there seem to be at least
two ways: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2006/11/15/0005.html

 (Sorry if this is off topic.)

MAgnus