DragonFly's tools (and technologies)?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Feb 10 15:59:52 PST 2007

(I saw someone else published an article about vkernel before I did so I
didn't pursue it more -- but I did just publish the Matt's answers to
about vkernel to my BSD news website.)

I'd like to make a list of DragonFly's inventions or new tools. The
following are some new tools (compare with FreeBSD 4 -- there were other
changes but I think I list here only DragonFly tools.) I can also post
this on the DragonFly wiki. Can you add to or correct this first?

acxcontrol -- Texas Instruments ACX100/TNETW1130(ACX111) network adapters tool

battd -- Battery status monitoring daemon

dntpd -- Network time protocol client daemon

jscan - utility for scanning journaling files

mount_udf (is this worth mentioning?)

mountctl -- control journaling and other features on mounted file systems

pctrack -- dumps program counter tracking data recorded by the kernel

rconfig -- Remote Configuration Client/Server

resident -- make a dynamic binary memory-resident

varsym -- variant symlinks. Can someone point me to examples or add
examples to varsym.1 or document /etc/varsym.conf? Is there any manpage
for varsym_set, varsym_get, varsym_list?

I want to build a list, because often users don't know what is available.

  Jeremy C. Reed