DragonFly testing

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Thu Feb 22 00:33:44 PST 2007

Ben Jolitz wrote:
Petr Janda wrote:

For your sound you need to load sound.ko + snd_ess.ko

Best if you add snd_ess_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf

and in /dev you need to run sh MAKEDEV snd0

I think thats what has to be done.

Petr

I was under the impression that sound.ko was loaded by association, as
kldstat said.
I had not done a ./MAKEDEV snd0, but I suspect it will not work, since
Dells are notorious for having standard equipment in non-standard
locations.

Will research some more on forcing discovery of Crystal WDM.
-- Ben
See if you put it /boot/loader.conf and run sh MAKEDEV snd0. Then post
us your dmesg output.

Petr