fonts problem

Huub v.niekerk at hccnet.nl
Sun Feb 25 21:58:34 PST 2007

Hi,

I just installed OpenOffice.org 2.1 and RealPlayer, but they report to
have problems with fonts. At first, they couldn't find any fonts file,
so I copied those from NetBSD and put them in /etc/fonts/, but had same
problem. BTW, on NetBSD both OpenOffice.org 2.1 and RealPlayer work
fine. Then I found hints on the net telling they should be put in ~/, so
I copied them to ~/.fonts.conf and ~/.fonts.dtd. Now realplayergold does
start, but after some time it crashes with a core dump
(realplayergold.bin.core). OpenOffice.org starts with the initiating
logo, and that's it. The logo stays on screen, and nothing happens. If I
e.g. start swriter, with 'ps ax' I can see there are 6 of the same
processes of swriter. If I start swriter by hand in a terminal, crtl-c
ends the startup, but not the processes. I have to kill those by 'kill -9'
Do I miss something?

Thanks,

Huub