Release 1.10 update - 31-Jul-07

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Thu Aug 2 18:53:59 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     After this release I would also like to see a bit of a cleanup of
>     the nrelease build, such as creating separate targets that just
>     build make variables like WITH_INSTALLER instead of rollup targets
>     (e.g. 'make installer release' instead of 'make installer_release'),
>     which would allow us to do something like 'make installer dvd release'
>     or 'make installer dvd quickrel' without having to create a
>     multiplication of make targets.

Somewhat related to this topic, is there a reason that the
installer isn't built from source along with a make world?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

At the football game, Nasrudin got thirsty. "I'm going to
get a drink of water," he told his friend. "And one for me,"
said the friend.  In a few minutes, Nasrudin came back. "I
tried to have a drink of water for you, but I found after I
had had my own drink that you were not thirsty after all."