vkernel, vkd and vcd boot order

Clement Martin cma at alunys.com
Sun Aug 19 06:13:30 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm playing with vkernels today and I have a little question regarding
the -c flag.

According to the manpage, the first -r or -c image will be the boot
disk, but here, in whatever order they are, it always tries to boot from
the virtual cdrom.

What I'm trying to do is sharing a single pkgsrc tree between differents
virtual machines, and for what I saw, you cannot share a filesystem
image file used with the -r flag. I really want to avoid using a nfs
share for this purpose.

Any idea how to do this is welcome :)

BTW, all of this is done using 1.10.0-RELEASE.

Regards

PS: Thanks a lot for all this awesome work.

--
Clement Martin