acx wireless HOWTO.

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 02:59:03 PDT 2007

On 4/1/07, Vladimir Mitiouchev <vovcia at miauk.net> wrote:
Hello :-)
I'm trying to run my acx card.
acx0 at pci0:18:0: class=0x028000 card=0x3b011186 chip=0x8400104c rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Texas Instruments (TI)'
    device   = 'PCI-2422 802.11b+ 22Mbps Wireless Adapter'
    class    = network
I've searched google a lot, found some firmware but im not sure which
one should i use. I've found some info about radio firmware stuff but
i don't know if my card need it. acxcontrol acx0 -f firmware just do
nothing and when ifconfig acx0 up driver is complaining about missing
firmware.
I use firmware in following link to test acx(4):
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/acx/acx_fw.tbz
After extracting the above tar ball, you need to run following command
to load the firmware:
acxcontrol acx0 -f acx_fw/acx100/wlangen.bin -r
Please, give me some instructions how to setup this card.
I want to run it in AP mode, is it possible?
Yeah, it is possible, but only WEP or 'no protection' is supported.

ifconfig acx0 channel 1
ifconfig acx0 ssid your_ssid
ifconfig acx0 mediaopt hostap
# if you need WEP:
# ifconfig acx0 wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1
ifconfig acx0 inet your_ip
Putting ifconfig up/inet in the last step can save you some firmware
(re)loading and hardware reinitialization time.
Best Regards,
sephe
--
Live Free or Die