MD support (again)

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Apr 26 21:03:33 PDT 2007

On Thu, April 26, 2007 10:22 pm, Morgan Reed wrote:
> With reference to the revent initdiskless/diskless commit from Matt (I
> had been meaning to submit patches but apparently Thomas beat me to
> the punch ;o) )
>
> Is anybody working on MD support (specifically mdmfs and mdconfig) for
> DragonFly? I gather from the FreeBSD (IIRC) manpage this command is
> deprecated in favour of mdmfs and mdconfig in other BSD's.

Would it be worth looking at NetBSD's tmpfs?  It would at least not have
UFS2isms, though I don't know how much of a problem that would be.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/09/10/0004.html

(vs. NetBSD's mfs)
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2005/10/04/0002.html

(and ported to FreeBSD)