Problem with Xorg conf

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 09:58:14 PDT 2006

Frank Petitjean wrote:
Hi,

I am a newbee in the BSD world, and I have problem with Xorg configuration.

I installed DragonFly 1.6.0 without problem, then Xorg-6.9.0nb3 from
the  current path.
I followed the instructions from the handbook, but I have problem with
Xorg :

At Xorg start up, in the file Xorg.0.log.old, I have a warning the
message  :
"(WW) The directory "/usr/pkg/xorg/lib/X11/fonts/CID/" does not exist.
Entry deleted from font path."

I noted that the directory /usr/pkg/xorg/lib/X11/fonts/CID/ has not
been  created on my disk, but this pth is present in the xorg.conf file.

And when Xorg terminates :
"FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/pkg/xorg/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2,
should be 1; fixing."

Basicaly I seems that Xorg works when I use it along with KDE, but on
some  web sites like freedesktop.org some fonts are not displayed properly.

Do someone has an idea ?

Thanks.

Frank.

Frank,

I might be wrong, but I think CID are Russian fonts. It's probably safe
to ignore that message unless you need those fonts. If you don't need
those fonts and the warning annoys you, then you can comment out that
line in the Xorg config file.

I also get that other warning, although I have ignored it. I'm not sure
why that warning is there. I might also get that warning in FreeBSD,
although it's been awhile since I booted my FreeBSD notebook. I had
assumed it's an Xorg thing. *shrug*

Joey