How to disable the boot0 menu?

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 13:33:22 PDT 2006

Thomas Schlesinger wrote:
Hi.

I've installed only DFly on my notebook as the onliest OS, so I have no need
for the boot0 menu.

I've tried to minimize the time it's appearing by doing a "boot0cfg -s 1 -t 1
ad0"  (-t 0 didn't work). -t is the number of ticks and there should be circa
18.2 ticks per second, according to the handbook, but with -t 1 the boot0
menu appears longer.

I there a way to disable the appearance of the boot0 menu completely?

Thanks,
Thomas
So basically, you want to get rid of BootEasy (the boot manager that
prompts you for an OS), right?

I may have done this before on DragonFlyBSD, or maybe I'm thinking of
FreeBSD. Honestly, I can't say for sure I did it under DrgaonFlyBSD but
I might have. I just can't remember since all these BSD's are starting
to become one in my head.

Anyway, I can say for sure that I have done it in FreeBSD but it was a
loooong time ago. Here's a link to the information that I used to do it
in FreeBSD:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/boot-blocks.html

If I remember correctly, I used boot1 instead of boot0 on the MBR.

I don't know if this will work with DragonFlyBSD. Maybe someone can
chime in with more in-depth knowledge of DragonFlyBSD's bootloader and
let us know if this won't hose the boot-up process.

Good luck, and remember this could make your system not boot. Don't
shoot me if it screws up. ;)

Joey