What do do when neither cdrecord/burncd work for me anymore?

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Wed Sep 20 08:25:26 PDT 2006

I would just like to add that cdrecord was working flawlessly a few
months ago.

Is there anything that can be done?

Petr Janda wrote:
ATAPICAM is compiled in the kernel so thats not the problem.

Jamie wrote:
In <450FFF45.20204 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Petr Janda <elekktretterr at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> mentions:

elevator# burncd -f /dev/acd0c data plan9.iso fixate
next writeable LBA 0
writing from file plan9.iso size 258006 KB
written this track 1120 KB (0%) total 1120 KB
only wrote -1 of 32768 bytes err=16
fixating CD, please wait..

elevator# cdrecord --scanbus
Cdrecord 2.00.3 (--) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No local SCSI transport implementation for this architecture.
Whats wrong? Im not using CS.

I'm on a limb by saying this, hopefully it won't seem to silly, but,
when
you last compiled the kernel, did you comment out SCSI support?
(including
any emulated SCSI IDE-type drivers)

I've never burnt a CD with dragonfly, but it seems to me linux (at
least used to)
need emulated SCSI support to access certain IDE devices.
Wouldn't be surprised if the same holds true here.

Just a guess.

Jamie