pkgsrc issues with custom mk.conf

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Sep 14 13:46:58 PDT 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Gergo Szakal wrote:

> Hi again, I have build DF with SMP support on a dual PII-server. I have
> added the following options to mk.conf in order to enable compiling on 2
> CUPs:
>
> WRAPPER_UPDATE_CACHE=no
> MAKE_FLAGS+=-j2
>
> MAny pkgsrc packages (i. e. glib) won't build, while commenting these
> options makes the same packages build just fine. Are these options
> disrecommended, or do I have to enable this way of compiling with
> alternate methods?
> Thanks in advance for dealing with my countless support questions.

I don't know about the WRAPPER_UPDATE_CACHE details, but I have used
multiple make jobs. My pkgsrc is patched to support a MAKE_JOBS variable
used in the build target. I also have a MAKE_JOBS_SAFE setting to skip
this. I had to set it to NO for a few packages like www/lynx,
graphics/MesaLib, graphics/netpbm and some others.

What errors were you receiving?