bsdstats.org

Matthieu Guéguen mgueguen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:54:03 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Justin C. Sherrill <justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps this is part of a larger picture; post-install, we don't use the
network at all for communication with people using DragonFly.
A lot of tasks get repeated with every single installation of DragonFly -
setting up PKG_PATH or cvsup and/or pkgsrc... they could be automated
pretty easily.
+1

sending the stats on Internet, even if it is harmless should not be
enabled default.
Fitting this option in a post-install script, asking the user its
choice, would be fine for me. If we could also set up PKG_PATH,... at
this step, it would be great.