shutdown on BSD and Linux

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 07:19:39 PDT 2006

talon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am puzzled hat nobody mentions
the most widely used OS which has parallel boot, it is WindowsXP. On my
machine which triple boots Windows, BSD and Linux, it is Windows which
boots faster by fast, in fact it takes half the time of unices to be in
graphical mode able to use the machine. But it is clear that at this moment
Windows is still loading stuff, and if you wait that everything is loaded it
takes far longer to boot than any unix.
Haha, MS wants to make people believe that boot time == time between
turning on the computer and logging in. I love their propaganda, very
funny indeed. I am not an anti-MS guy, just could not keep this  to
myself. :-)