Adding _SC_MONOTONIC_CLOCK?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 4 15:57:06 PDT 2006

:
:The latest glib2 from pkgsrc fails because we don't define
:_SC_MONOTONIC_CLOCK in unistd.h:
:
:#if !defined(_POSIX_MONOTONIC_CLOCK) || _POSIX_MONOTONIC_CLOCK >= 0
:      if (sysconf (_SC_MONOTONIC_CLOCK) >= 0)
:        posix_clock = CLOCK_MONOTONIC;
:
:According to the NetBSD sysconf manpage, _SC_MONOTONIC_CLOCK
:should return the POSIX version number of the Monotonic Clock
:option, or -1 if it's not available.
:
:Adding that definition seems pretty harmless, right?  Is there
:any reason to avoid adding it?

    It seems reasonable to me.  Our clock_*() functions do
    support CLOCK_MONOTONIC, and it's even actually monotonic!

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>