Hints on kernel config for a dula pII/450 system anyone?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Sep 21 08:59:01 PDT 2006

:I don't think M_WRITABLE() applicable to DFLY here, since if *mp is
:from driver(e.g. sk(4)), which supports jumbo frames, M_WRITABLE() is
:always == 0:
:1) Driver allocates jumbo frame buffer and turns on M_EXT in mbuf.m_flags
:2) since M_EXT is turned on, while M_EXT_CLUSTER is off, m_sharecount() == 99
:
:I suggest to nuke this assertion in bridge_pfil().
:
:Best Regards,
:sephe

     Hmm.  All right, go ahead and nuke it.

     What we really need to do here is, well, two things.  First, both Jeff
     and I have been wanting to get rid of all the ntoh and hton conversions
     being done inside the mbuf itself... there are so many layers that it
     has just become too confusing to figure out when a packet's IP header
     is in host order and when it is in network order.  It just needs to
     stay in network order.  Second, we need to abstract the m_sharecount()
     function so it works with non-cluster extensions.