What do do when neither cdrecord/burncd work for me anymore?

Oliver Fromme check+j5xzeo00rs2bsc4i at fromme.com
Thu Sep 21 05:55:18 PDT 2006

Petr Janda wrote:
 > I lost my usb stick ages ago, so I dont have one. However. My theory is
 > that cdrecord just plain sucks, that compatibility with dragonfly was
 > broken. So, I tried cdrdao; while totally useless for me since I dont
 > believe it can burn .iso images, at least it CAN blank the CD-RW disk im
 > using. cdrdao and cdrecord both use SCSI emulation.

Oh, cdrdao _can_ burn .iso images (among other things).
You just have to create a small TOC file.  For example,
if your ISO9660 image is named "foobar.iso", then create
a small file "foobar.toc" with a text editor, containing
the following three lines:

CD_ROM
TRACK MODE1
DATAFILE "foobar.iso"

Then type "cdrdao write <other options> foobar.toc".

Best regards
   Oliver