printing problem

Bryan Berch dfbsd at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 14 16:05:53 PDT 2006

I installed /usr/pkgsrc/print/hpijs, as I have done before, then moved
foomatic -rip and the filter file, /ppd/HP-LaserJet_1320-hpijs.ppd.gz,
from the work directory and to printcap where to find them.  This has
always worked in FreeBSD and up to DragonFlyBSD 1.2.  The print/hpijs,
as far as I can tell, never has installed foomatic-filters.

walt wrote:
Bryan Berch wrote:

The error message is:

lp: cannot execv(/usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip): No file or directory

foomatic-rip is part of the foomatic-filters package.  Do you have
that installed?