updating from 1.6.2 to 1.7.x

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Oct 27 05:18:21 PDT 2006

Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
1) I don't want recompile from zero the system, but
only the missing pieces.
I think for 1.6.2 -> 1.7.x you need a full buildworld. However, after a
full buildworld, you can first try a quickworld. Please read the
build(7) man page for more info on our build targets.

# cvsup -h <host>
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-src-supfile
where <host> is any of the mirrors offering cvsup-
access from the list
at www.dragonflybsd.org's download-section.
Can it be
http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/src/src-Devel.tar.bz2
an example of src-supfile?
You can use this snapshot instead of getting the source with cvsup.
However, you will still need a full buildworld.

2) My computer have three patitions with Windows,
DragonFly and Linux. The bootloader is Lilo. Can the
updating operation modify the boot sector and create
problems after reboot?
No. The boot sector is not affected by the upgrade.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx