Site layout suggestion

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Tue Oct 24 08:43:33 PDT 2006

On 2006-10-24 04:26, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
I've been working on a site redesign for dragonflybsd.org.

http://www.shiningsilence.com/newdf/site/data/base6.html

My goals are to

1: make it more appealing
2: Get it out of quirks mode
3: Improve CSS support
4: Create a style that can be used across the different
(bugs/cvsweb/www/leaf/etc) dragonfly sites.
This design does it so far.  Rather than sit and poke at it, I'm putting
it out and saying "please provide improvements".  (I want to move on to my
next task)
I think there's a few people on the lists that would like to contribute,
don't know (or care for) kernel programming, but know CSS.  Mostly, I need
a footer that can visually unify the page.
The image at the bottom of the menu makes the last choices hard to read,
but I like the image so if you could make it appear a bit further down
that would be nice.

Also, if you know some clever way of reducing the line-length (currently
getting 150-160 chars/line at 1280x1024) that would be nice. I said
clever since it's just as bad if those with low resolution or larger
text-size get only 30-40 characters per line. Anyway, it's not very
important but it would be nice.

--
Erik Wikström